Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Trash or Treasure?

Trash can be a funny thing. In New York trash is a free for all. People put their stuff out for the trash people to take away and it's not uncommon for others to just take whatever they see laying out in that big pile. So, tonight (about 3 hours ago) I decided to get rid of a little toy tool thing that was clearly broken. The kids didn't play with it much and when we decided to move it outside it pretty much got hammered by rough weather and rough kids. So this was only 3 hours ago!! It's not even 9:45 yet and the thing is GONE! It doesn't bother me much. I mean I was getting rid of it anyway. Just the thought of someone driving around looking around my trash was creeping me out a bit. I wish I knew they were coming because some of the pieces that went with it were put in the can. Next time I will be a little more thoughtful and lay it out with its matching pieces. Tonight the saying rang true -- Another persons trash becomes someone else's treasure...3 hours later! I need to do more weeding out of old stuff!

3 comments:

Ash said...

I must confess. I've been a dumpster diver myself in the past. Some people leave some good stuff! :)

Jenni said...

That's how it is over here in Hawaii. And it's not really treasures - it's full on trash!

Amy said...

Stacy, I just learned about you from Tammy Drake. She said you are/were a Heritage Makers consultant. I googled your name and found your blog. :) Would you mind contacting me please? Amy Robison - amy@createheritage.com