S-E-V-E-N
Sydney turned seven on the 19th of October. She only had two requests for presents. Getting her nails done and getting a pair of roller blades. We kept the birthday festivities very low key this year and just had a family birthday party. Before I get into that, I wanted to jot down a few things about my girl.
SEVEN things I LOVE about SYDNEY...
1. She is a performer and always puts on quite a show.
2. She was voted Coyote Champion 2 years in a row by her classmates for being a great friend and a good listener in class.
3. She's very fashion oriented and likes to come up with some pretty creative outfits and hairstyles. Even though sometimes I have to bite my tongue and let "her be her". Does it really matter that she like to wear her hair slicked back (the wet look) and put a headband in place where a sweatband would go? Nope. She's totally into wearing glasses with the lenses popped out, which is actually really cute. Here's a shot of her with a couple of her lens popping out friends.
She's also very creative (still part of number 3) when it comes to art work and making things for the house. Here's some high-heeled shoes she drew up.
Here are some napkin holders she surprised us with one night for dinner. They are made out of tissue paper and card stock. Creative, huh?!
4. She is obsessed with a new science project she learned at school with milk, liquid dish soap and food coloring. Since then we have gone through more milk than normal. I keep reminding her she doesn't need to use that much milk, but I am happy that she gets so excited about science.
5. She is the oldest grandchild on both sides and is so great with all her cousins.
6. She is one fantastic sister and a HUGE help around the house! Even though Shay's half her size, I'm glad she requests to wear this around the house to help calm her sister.
7. She is my oldest baby and that means that she has to go through everything first. She is the guinea pig--sometimes things work and sometimes they don't--but she hangs in there with all of my imperfections and I will always be so grateful to her for that!
Nicknames for this girl: Syd, Squid, Sqidders, Sissy (from Saryn), Sweets, Punkin and whatever else she lets us call her.
Now for the pictures of her special day at the nail salon.
The nail lady made the whole experience really special for Sydney and she even got her coworker to help sing happy birthday to Syd (in their own cute English as a second language way).
The finished product.
Grandma and Mom had to get one too. Why don't I get these more often?
Grandma and Grandpa came for the party along with Sean, Allie and their kids.
Jeff made tres leches upon Syd's request. YUM! Don't know what went wrong with this one because the cake, for some reason, didn't soak up all the leche goods. Still so yummy!
Since then she has often been caught doing her homework while wearing these...
Happy Birthday, Sydney Girl!

8 comments:
What a sweet sweet girl. She reminds me a lot of Haley in your descriptions (right down to the fake glasses and wearing the baby in the snuggly!) I hope she had a wonderful birthday, she looks so old!! What a beauty.
What a cute tribute to such a cute girl! I loved reading it because I smiled the whole time thinking about what a little sweetie she is. I can attest to how awesome she is as the oldest grandkiddo! Braden adores her and she is sooooo helpful! We love Sydney!
Oh.My.Gosh. she is so cute. I love the pic of her posing while pulling the wagon. Love you Syd!
such a cute post! i can't believe all the back to back b-days you have. you are busy! i love the glasses pic:)
Hey Cuz,
Love this post about cute, cute Sydney. I can't believe she's seven! All the kids are so cute and getting so big. You have a beautiful family.
I have a blog now if you want to check it out in your "spare time" (ha ha).
tryingtoraisethebarr.blogspot.com
Give your dad and mom a hug for me when you see them next.
XOXO,
Julie
uh is that a hannah montana microphone headset? bc i have one too! my sister threw me a hannah/highschool mucial party for my birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNEY!
I can't believe she is seven already!! if i were there i could sing the cheesecake happy birthday version to her!! glad you had such a good day!! what a great gal! we love you sydney!!!
I can't believe how old Syd looks in all these pictures! Especially the one with her two friends and she's wearing glasses. I can imagine a picture just like that being taken when she's 17! Sydney is pretty great and I love being an Aunt Aly! Happy Birthday Syd we love you and miss you!
Post a Comment