CanCun, Mexico -- November 2000
(Don't let the fake sunset above fool you)
About 10 years ago we stepped off the plane in the beautiful beach city of CanCun, Mexico where we would spend the next several days enjoying our time in the hot sun and crystal blue waters as newlyweds. The weather was great, the scenery breathtaking and we were geared up for our 5 day honeymoon stay at the Westin Hotel right off the beach. The rest of the trip went a little something like this. Weather -- not so swimsuit friendly -- and lots of wind that blew our beach away.
Plus...RAIN...RAIN....and more RAIN.
All in all, it was still a fantastic trip, but we always said we'd go back to do some of the things we were unable to do. So...here's Cancun -- Take TWO.
Not really an anniversary trip, just a fun get-a-way to take care of some unfinished CanCun business. HELLO sunshine, HELLO beach.
Hello yummy Mexican food!!
Hello Xelha. Glad we could come for a visit this time.
And snorkel in your caves.
Thanks for letting us use your bike trails and tube down your rivers.
Thanks for making sure your iguanas were in good moods.
Thanks for your Hammock Heaven
That was particularly nice!
Thank you J.W. Marriott for letting us stay with you and use your tennis courts.
Thank you waves for your beautiful sound and for bringing in those shells--the kids loved them.
Thank you blue sky
Thank you cool virgin mango daiquiris and pina coladas that we could sip on while relaxing and reading good books.
Thank you sand, for staying in place and squishing through my toes.
Thank you honeymoon dinner place (La Destileria). It was fun to visit you and eat your delicious food again.
Thank you scenery, even up until the end of the trip, for staying so, so beautiful!!!
And thank you one last time, you refreshing pina colada! Mmmmmmm...I can feel the cool slush going down my throat now.
Thank you CanCun, for being SO GOOD to us! And thank you MOSTLY to MOM and DAD who took such great care of our 4 kids so we could do this! We love you!!
Till next time beautiful beach...


7 comments:
So fun!! It looks amazing. Good for you for taking time away from the kiddos and spending it with each other! No easy task. And I have to tell you that I didn't actually realize those first pictures were from 10 years ago until about half way through...you haven't aged a bit! Either of you.
Good for you guys!! What a feat to get away without the 4 kids! I love that you guys kept your promise to yourselves to have a "do-over" trip. Looks like an absolute BLAST!!
Glad you got to have a vacation away. Sounds like so much fun and so relaxing!
You guys look so happy in those pics. BTW you guys look the same! You haven't changed after 10 years and 4 kids...I want to be like you when I grow up ;-)
Loved reading about Cancun now I want to go again hahaha! Syd's trip to NYC with Jeff is so cute. I bet it was fun to look at old pics.
Miss ya! I'll be in houston on the 13th maybe your kitchen will be done and I can come see it? Take Care!
Hey your pics look awesome. I can't believe the color of the water or sand. What a beautiful beach. This was a really cute post. I love a good beach tribute.
Amazing!! So gorgeous and fun and fun! (It's too late for me to think of other good words.) And could you please explain to me how you both look just as youthful and fit 10 years and four kids later?
That looks FABULOUS! So glad it redeemed itself from 10 years ago! Those pina coladas make me remember the Disney cruise...ahhh yummy! Glad you got a little break!!
Post a Comment