Don't you love this time of year? I absolutely love the fall! The fall colors (even though we don't get them in Texas), the cooler air (again, not so much here), the fall smells of cinnamon, nut meg and ginger, just fall evrything. It's just a fun time of year. So, every year in October a huge group of us from the ward (playgroup) go to the Oil Ranch. It's a fun place about 30 minutes from where we live with big open fields and live stock. It's been a fun tradition going there for the past few years. We didn't get to go last year because of rain, so we were excited for the chance this year. There are so many fun things for the kids to do. It's a full day of outdoor activities with train rides, pony rides, petting zoo, hay rides, milking cows, feeding cows, and more. One of the bonuses of going is taking a pumpkin home at the end of the day. Hopefully these pictures give you a glimpse of how fun the day was.
Picking out that #1 pumpkin.
The first thing Spence said this morning was, "We get to see the horsies?"

Enjoying pony rides.

Milking cows. One squirt did the trick for Spence and then he thanked the cow afterward.

Syd went in for a try too. Jeff thinks we should buy a cow for all the milk we drink. Maybe this one's for sale.

On the hay ride off to feed the cows. Sydney was a little hesitant at first because she remembered one aggressive cow from the previous year.

Close up shots on the train ride.

Playing on the Indian Swings. We got there the same time as a school group did, but this kid (the little you see) was nice to share his swing for a few turns with us.
So if you only watch one of the two videos, you should watch this one below (I'm probably talking it up more than I should, no but it really is cute). This is a little conversation we have about going potty. He just turned 3, isn't the least bit interested in going potty (since he's too busy), but at least he knows the right answers to give. Gotta give him credit for something, huh?!!!
Until next year...(hopefully we'll have him potty trained by then). Happy October!







10 comments:
How fun! I miss the oil ranch! Spencer is so cute, can you believe they (meaning Emily and Spencer) are 3 already? It seems like they were just babies yesterday. Good luck with the potty training!
OK since I"m watching this w/ no volume, my favorite is watching Spenc try to catch the chicken by:
1st: going under the fence.
2nd: going over the fence.
3rd: going around the fence.
Lesson learned: Try, try again!!! :)
i'm impressed with posting videos. i don't know how to do that yet. i like the oil ranch pics. it was fun, but i don't think we really have fall in texas. we just have hot and not so hot. i'm sorry about the roadkill. i killed a squirell not too long back. too bad you didn't hit that coyote we saw:) just kidding but i'm more scared of that and the deer than an armadillo. who knew we lived in a wildlife park.
I love love love the Oil Ranch and miss Texas!! I miss your cute kidies and wish we were there to see them getting bigger and even more fun!!
that is so funny of him chasing the chicken! that is so cute! every body is going to the oil ranch, so every body has gone except me. i think i have to go:)
make sure to read my comments on your next like 3 blogs:)
Looks like you all had a great time. My kids loved it, and I loved that Grandpa did the honors this year. lol. I promise next year I'll be joining in on all the oil ranch fun. Crazy that when it happens again I'll have an almost 1 year old. Scary!!!
Love your pics! I think Linc will enjoy the Oil Ranch next year. Good job on the armadillo. Good thing you didn't hit that Longhorn that sometimes hangs out down that back street. I just had a thought, maybe an armadillo died in my car and thus making her smelly. :)
It sounds like you guys have had so much fun! I love the fall. I just wish we got a little more of it here! Your kids are adorable!
that is too funny! I'm glad you had a good time... thanks again for managing the whole trip.
Post a Comment