Wednesday, January 16, 2008

7 Years and Counting

So it's been 7 years since Jeff and I took the plundge in the Houston Temple. 3 kids, 2 bachelor degrees, 1 MBA and 7 different moves later...I'd say we're doing pretty darn good. It's crazy how much you can pack in, in just a few short years. I thought about my life 6 years ago. A working woman (teaching 5th grade at Sprucewood Elementary in Sandy, UT) with no diapers to change, Cheerios to clean up, or cars to frequently vaccum (ok, the vaccuming is more wishful thinking). And the amount of laundry was definitly a nothin'. Sometimes it's hard to realize there really was such a time. I am, however, thankful for these little ones I have to scrub down every now and then. (I'm always thankful for them and the scrubbing down part is a here and there deal. No, we don't do baths everyday). Though I love my kids, this is a post about my sweetheart and I.

I do have to say, I think the year 2000 is the best year to be married because we'll never need to do the math on how many years we've been married. The date, I have to admit, is a little more difficult for me to remember. I'm usually one day off. We were married on the 18th of Nov. Sydney was born the 19th of October, so for that reason I always think we we're married on the 19th. Jeff will be the one to get mad at me for not remembering such a memorable day. I'm glad he can take that role. It shows me he really does love me and that an anniversary should be meaningful. So he remembers it and then I can blog about it 2 months later.

It really was a memorable day. Kind of some interesting haps, but in the grand scheme of things they were pretty minute (mi-nute?). It rained on our wedding day and even on our honeymoon in Cancun. I have heard that rain brings good luck. Or it's just another way of saying too bad for you, just make the most of it...so we did.



Thanks for sticking with me, you great guy!

Here's to another 7...and more...(we're not all that creative with couple photo shoots).

Happy Anniversary, Jeffrey!




22 comments:

1tiredmama said...

Happy Anniversary! We were also married in 2000! I love how easy it is to remember the number of years! Your family is adorable!

Jenni said...

I love you guys...you are one beautiful bride! And boy, how life has changed!

jen said...

I love that we were married in 2000 too. We are both horrible with remembering our anniversary. We need to be better about that. Beautiful pictures. How is it that 7 years & 3 kids later, you both look the same??

123 checkoutourfamily said...

I like the 2000 thing. For us, we just add 9 months to Brayden's age and we're set. :)

Ya'll are a cute couple and have such an adorable family!

Emily said...

Sometimes...when I need a really good laugh...I like to think of Jeff's description of your first date (I think it was the first one). I just remember sitting in the dungeon at CMOE, laughing until I had tears rolling down my face, and trying to picture Jeff jumping out of a moving car. He was totally smitten with you from the beginning! I remember some people at work teasing Jeff that he was going to have all these kids and a mini-van. I remember Jeff saying, "What's wrong with that!" It looks like you guys are really living your dream!

Christy said...

Love it - you guys are great together!

Allie said...

Hair cut party sounds fun to me! I love this post, how did you get your wedding pic on there? It's fun that you added that in!

Ash said...

Stacy, you are funny. I like how your still doing the same couple poses 7 years later. Stick with what works. I'm anxious to hear the story about Jeff jumping out of a moving vehicle....

Sadie Lou said...

aaww you guys make the perfect couple! and yes it is good to be married in 2000! i am not very good at mental math like that! congrads to you both! :)

the speers said...

STACY! I had to say hi...you're totally friends with the Bullocks...leigh and my sister were good friends in Provo!! That's too funny!!! your blog is so cute!! How's texas?

Sunnie said...

you guys look so cute when you were dating! happy anniversary! and also, i like all the pics of saryn, especially when you say she looks chunky in those pool pics. um, have you seen my kids lately? jada's rolls blow saryn's away:)

Emma Jo said...

Wow, could you guys be any more beautiful, even standing under an umbrella on a rainy day? We miss you guys. It is truly unbelievable how much can happen in such a short span of time.

the speers said...

hey, i changed my web address, so be sure to change in on your blog, too! :D

speersconnection.blogspot.com

lata..kiks

Katherine Young said...

i want to hear the story about jeff jumping out of the car too....and yall are adorable. i love the prego pics!

Monson Family said...

Congrats on 7 years!!!! That is awesome. You and Jeff are the greatest and I'm so glad you guys foudn each other. Especially because you make such cute kids.
We miss you guys! Love ya!

Lindsey Leavitt said...

Woot woot for SPRUCEWOOD!!
Y'all are too cute!

Monson Family said...

I want to you check out my latest posting. It is from an email that my Mom sent to me. Any Mom will appreciate it.
Love you guys!

Court and Jill said...

Stacy, congrats! You are a babe, by the way. You haven't changed a bit since your wedding day! How fun. Hey, I'm going private on my blog so if you want to keep checking in on us (I know, I know...not like it's that great) I'll need to know your email address so I can invite you as a reader. So email me at joinblog@live.com if you want and then I'll send you an invite!!

loven it! said...

I remember that day!! wasn't there rain and umbrella's involved?? i'm coming to texas in a week! you better clear your bloodee calendar. love ya!

Kristin said...

You know I think you are great... and your kids are so cute. This year is year 7 for us and that seems like a long time... so many things I never thought I would experience in that amount of time... good and bad, and it makes me wonder and be excited about what the next 7 years will be like.

Megan Lofgran said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been 7 already. Our time with you was so short in SLC, but we cherish it! I just can't believe it was that long ago! I guess time flies when your having fun, right?!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

Stacy, I found your blog! It was great seeing y'all Friday night - what a party! It was a lot of fun. I loved catching up on your blog, the april fool's joke was hilarious! I do have one question... can you give me more information on your photographer, Ginger, and how I can hire her? :)