Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Saryn Turns One (November 13th)

Warning! This has lots of pictures, so glance at it quickly if you want. I guess it's more for me anyway.

Jeff wanted to document this last stage of life with just the two kids. I don't know how he got me to agree to it being 9 months pregnant, but I did. I'm so great! I thought in the end that it was a good idea because we really have had so much fun with these two. It was hard to think how another little one would fit in. We were in for a treat though with little Saryn. Pictures were taken on a Saturday and I had the baby on Monday.


I love Spencer's little eyes glancing at Jeff.

One thing I did want to capture in a more professional way, was the belly shot with the kids. I spared Ginger and you all the bare belly shots. I do like those, because it really is so amazing how the body can stretch like that--I just wasn't ready for everyone to see my body's stretching ability. I'll keep you all in suspense. I always had big plans of documenting the growth each month, but everytime Jeff wanted to pull out the camera, it was always one of those blah days. Ginger had her little tricks to get the kids to touch my tummy. She'd place sweet tarts on my "shelf" and then snap away when they would reach for them.



Grandma & Grandpa Kirkham came to help with Sydney and Spencer and welcome their newest granddaughter. We love their visits!

I'm so glad Sydney got her sis.

Pictures are a little out of order and I did want to scan in the birth picture, but never did. These hospital pictures will have to do. I love babies with dad pictures!

My number 1 ice chip deliverer. Actually, I get too shakey with the epidural and never really get to enjoy those ice chips.

Never was an IV fan, but if it means pushing with a smile, I'll muster through it!

Here she is. All 7 pounds and 14 ounces of her

Jeff showing off the toe painting job I did on our drive to the hospital at 5 in the morning. Who's with me on cute delivery toes?

Ginger's work again when Saryn was 5 weeks old. Trying so hard to lift that neck of hers.

Love the tear!

And the monkey hair on her shoulder.

Cute!


These would fall off so easily!

Ah...Naps! If only they could sleep this well when they got older!

This stage of life was so much fun. My two sisters-in-law were pregnant at the same time. The babies came at the tail end of Sept, then in Nov. and then Dec. Fun!

Just plain picked on!

Getting older.

We helped out with trek and had the pioneers trade their belongings for meat. Saryn came along for the ride. If only Jeff could wear a dead skunk over his head everyday.

Saryn dressed in the best papoose we could come up with. Thank goodness for pillow cases!

Saryn in the summer sun.

Getting ready for bed.

I had to take this picture because I caught Spencer cuddling with Saryn all on his own. We had to recreate it a bit, but at least the memory is still there!

Sydney playing mom and putting her baby in the crib.

This is how much Saryn loves it.

She looks so chunky here!
More from this same day.

Splashing like there's no tomorrow.

Her 7 month shots.



With the siblings.






OK...and finally the birthday shots! A small little party held at Grandma's house and some good helpers to help blow out the candle!













Happy Birthday, little gal of mine!



12 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

LOVE your cute pics. And if we all looked that great 2 days before delivering our babies, we'd all be pregnant superstars!

Allie said...

Yay for a Kirkham update on Saryn! I love the way you documented her life from in your cute belly to blowing out 1st b-day candles! Too cute. I'm just glad we've been able to see most of this fun stuff first hand. We really are blessed to be so close. Oh, and did you say games in the fort.....come on over Kirkhams, we are ready for some more Cranium! Love you, Allie

Naylor Family said...

What a cute family! Saryn is so adorable. I can't believe you painted your toes on the way to the hospital...you could still touch your toes? You must have long legs, or you didn't get very big, Lucky you! These babies grow way too fast!

jen said...

very cute pictures. you look amazing a few days before delivery! you have such a cute family!

Jenni said...

Oh, Stac - I just loved this post! Seriously - no fair on still looking beautiful during labor! You should see me during labor - I looked like I got hit by a truck! And I really tried to look somewhat decent - painted toes and all! I guess it's from being in labor all night - or at least I hope it's from that! Yikes!
The pictures of Saryn - Priceless!

Amber Larsen said...

Oh I wish we lived closer so we could enjoy all these fun times together with more family. And I agree with jenni, what the heck stace you're supposed to look like crap when you give birth. You still look like a super model. I'm vomitting in my mouth :)

Emily said...

Stacy & Jeff - She is so adorable, and I love the year in photos. You look AMAZING at 9 months pregnant! When we got your Christmas card, I couldn't believe how much Saryn looks like a little Jeff to me. (Of course, I'm really bad at these things.) You have such a cute little family, and I love peeking in on your blog. - Emily Burr

Christy said...

What great pictures. You always look so amazingly beautiful.

November 13th is an excellent day to give birth.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Yea, a new post!!! I check daily, you know. ;)

I still have 2 months to go and am already having trouble reaching my toes while breathing. I can only hold my breath so long, you know? But I am sold on the idea of having cute delivery toes. I'll have to get Clint to start practicing.

I love the kid pics. It's funny how in the ones of the three babies (Braden Saryn and Arie) you can ABSOLUTELY tell whose family each baby belongs to. Little Braden's nose is so cute!

And yes, I'll add my two cents to what everyone else has shared. What's the trick to staying so "just off the run-way" hot when you're in labor? Tips please.

Kimberly said...

Those are such cute pictures. Ginger always does such a great job, but it helps when your kids are adorable. What a fun first year!

Sadie Lou said...

aaww she is absolutely adorable!!!! and did you really paint your toenails on the way to the hospital! if you did, you did a very good job! happy birthday saryn!!! :

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy~

Got your blog from April's. Your family is just adorable! I loved looking at all the fun pictures. Hope you are doing well.