There's a first for everything. First, I'm making my first debut with my brand new specs. Took me only 3 months to pull the trigger on this one, but I have decided that I am a great decision maker!! Let me tell myself that one more time...I make great decisions (a little therapy for myself)! On a more important and exciting FIRST, today was the first and maybe only snowfall this year in Houston. I've decided Houston weather is just plain WeIrD! Yesterday it was almost 80 degrees out. I was literally sweating all day. Not because I have a big bump in my tummy and am carrying around an extra 20 pounds plus, but it really was so hot outside. No need for jackets, shorts would have worked great. Then today was only 33 degrees!!! Huge change in temperature! I have to check the computer everyday to know what to send Sydney to school in. Tomorrow will be cold again, but Sunday is estimated at 80 again! Again...weird!
Once we found out it was snowing Spence and I got our "heavy" jackets on (Saryn still napping) and headed out the door to experience this fun white stuff we happen to call snow.
Here's Spence enjoying the cold winter weather and anxiously awaiting for big sis to come home from school to share in the fun.

I feel terrible. This is the only heavy jacket Sydney has. The great thing about being the oldest is getting new stuff (clothes, toys...). The bad thing about being the oldest is that you don't have what you need when you just might need it (nice warm cozy coat). I wonder if Ross has any good coats? May need to make a trip tonight for the next few cold days.
Trying to catch a few flakes on his tongue!
8 comments:
Megan called and was so excited about the snow! I too remember THAT one time it snowed in high school...we had just moved there and I though all you Texans were just plain weird.
Hey, that picture with Sydney and the neighbors...is that OUR bush? Oh, the good old days.
yeah for snow! we had fun with it today, too. be grateful you didn't have to do kid pick up today. it was honestly so so so so cold. it was horrible! with freezing rain. and cold wind. be glad it wasn't your day:) and cute glasses.
I can't believe it snowed either. Wow! We saw it through the windows here at the good ole hospital.
I can't believe how much the weather changes from one day to the next.
PS. I like your glasses!
Aw..I love AZ. Predictable, hot weather. ;)
Cute post on Saryn's bday. She is getting so cute!
cute specs!!!! Crazy about the snow!!
It was fun to see everyone rolling down car windows to catch it on their fingertips, and all the kids running around screaming outside! I love the new specs, too. You are so beautimous!
Cute cute cute! I can't believe how big Saryn is getting!
I put a video on my blog about the snow. It was so fun to hear the school kids behind us getting so excited! I almost wanted it to stay. :) Almost.
I love your glasses! YOu make great decisions! I'm so jealous of the snow. It is still 85 here, like it was yesterday and the day before and the day before, and the day before... and well you get the picture.
Post a Comment