Can you see the beauty in this?
I became giddy when I saw these recycle bins lined up on the streets of our neighborhood the other morning. Call me crazy, but it was a sincere excitement of "Yes, I can do something to help my community" type of feeling. I feel terrible throwing away so many school papers that come home each week that could be recycled or the Wednesday ads that I never pay much attention to. I know I could collect them, load them in my car and drive them over to the school to recycle, but that's not really the first thing on my list of things to do -- or ever on my list for that matter. So I'm excited to say that I have my very own recycle bucket! Yay!!
The other people that find the beauty in these babies are my school kids!! I don't know what type of lessons they put together in schools to teach recycling, but that is one thing I know my kids know! If only they could get this excited about math and science! Spencer even came home and knew exactly what the bucket with the triangular arrows was. He's in preschool for crying out loud and was showing his excitement! Sydney always want to pick up trash pieces off the ground to recycle.
So, let's do it!
2 comments:
you are a little crazy. :) but so am I because I'm excited too.
You are still as cute as can be!! This is Alexis Rumsey Thunell and Melissa Rich gave me your blog address...I hope that's okay. Your family is darling!
It looks like things are going great and busy for your sweet family! So glad to see you here.
Love to you.
Post a Comment