Saturday, March 19, 2011

Flag Football

It maybe basketball season in your home right now, but in ours it's also football.
Flag football.
I don't think I'm quite ready to see this kid play tackle just yet. Snagging flags sounds like a much better fit for a six year old. Here's a cute picture of Spencer all ready for the game. Notice his window!
Funny factors:
1) Mouth pieces are required for each game (even if they can't tackle)
2)Report cards were mandatory to be able to play. Remember he's in kindergarten. Would they kick him off the team for getting U's instead of E's?
3) And one thing I didn't know was that girls can play flag football too! Up until 12 years old! Here's a picture of a girl that was on the other team. She was a tough little cookie! I think Saryn would do very well in this sport!
One of my favorite things about this so far is that Jeff has been able to help coach. He coached a little league team the year we got married, but there is something special about it when it's your own kid--at least for me anyway!
Go get him, Tiger!
Nice form. The pep talk must have worked.
This was from a previous game that was so cold! Burrrrr! I get cold just looking at the picture remembering how cold it was!
Cousin Liam was a good sport coming to watch that cold first game. These two had a fun sleep over the night before and giggled all night long. I kept saying, "Do you boys want some ice cream or something?" They were too busy playing the Wii and said, "We're fine, we're fine!" Spencer was in HEAVEN with him. They watched a movie and would sit back all comfy on the couch and say, "This is the LIFE!" The older two girls were at Grandma's for the night so it was pretty much just us and the boys (after Shayla fell asleep)!
Sydney and Saryn have made some pretty good buddies with 2 other sisters (Emily and Daisy). They started their own little cheering section.
And here's the team that is so far undefeated.
Go Raiders!!!

2 comments:

eyre blog said...

it doesn't get much cuter than this!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Stacy I love your posts. Esp the "sad week" one. Is it bad that I laughed at almost all of them? I don't know how you do it with Jeff gone all the time. I think I would die.