So earlier standing in line to pick up our tickets. Letterman Crew people handed out paper and pencil to those who had a song they were willing to sing on live (recorded) television. A guy (Tom) came around to hear the songs Jeff, Me, and a bunch of other people had. Then there was an audition held in front of these two brothers whom I'm assuming help write the script. In the end the 3 finalists were me, George, and Beverly. Bev would be first, then George, and I was the stand by (hey, I'll take stand by). We were taken back to the green room (Jeff was able to come and I was so glad) to practice and get ready for our debut. It was fun to see some of the behind the scene stuff go on. We felt VIP with the free drinks, fruit and cookies that were offered.
When all the other audience members were seated, they had us walk across the stage (cool) and down to our aisle (strategically) placed seats. We were pumped! I called my dad who then called the world to watch the show that night. In the end, Dave messed up with setting certain things up for the remainder of the show, and the producer made him redo the first 15 minutes over again, so the whole stump the band thing was completely scratched. We were bummed and my dad had to call the world again to let them know I wouldn't be singing after all. So, if you want to hear "The Jello Family" song, you'll have to wait til next time.

Inside Rupert's Deli with the man himself. He looks like he's taken one too many of these shots with people who come in for the quick pic.

Jeff set the whole thing up a month in advance to get the free tickets. He's always so good about researching trips beforehand. I love this guy!


4 comments:
i love all of the posts. i'm still so sad about no JELLO song on letterman. i'd like to go to his show. i think he's funny. i'm jealous of the trip. one day i'll go to new york, preferably no kids. until then i'll live vicariously through your memories!
I would have been so excited to see you on Letterman! I have seen other LDS people on there who sing primary songs or camp songs, and I always know, they're LDS! Did you know Wendy Wyman in high school? Chad remembers her from Klein and she was on there once.
OK I was w/ your dad when he was calling the ENTIRE WORLD to tell them about this. We were eating at Matta's...of course...and nobody could hear a dang thing b/c he was talking so loud about it on his phone. I love that guy.
Rupert!! You lucky duck. One summer Chris and I sat on two pay phones in the United Nations building calling and calling all morning trying to get tickets. Way to make it back stage, don't give up on the Jello Song, next time it will happen.
Post a Comment