There were four tickets, great seats, and I really wasn't up for calling a babysitter (not one of my favorite things to do), but we scrounged up a babysitter for Saryn and took the two older kids "out to the ballgame".
I do have to say it was all worth the effort when we got there and saw the two kids in their baseball attire (just hats and one glove...just in case that foul ball came our way) and saw their faces as they walked into the stadium. They're eyes lit up as they looked around at the crowd of people, the bright stadium lights and the entertainment around us. Spencer was especially excited about seeing a train (for the home runs) and a cow advertising for Chik-fil-a. It was great! We got foot long hot dogs that tasted so yummy. Why do they always taste better when your there at a baseball game? We didn't buy peanuts, but we did get some got cracker jacks for the song's sake, but they're not all they're cracked (haha) up to be. I'll stick with whatever the brand is that makes the Poppycock. Yum! That one's hard to top.
Spence tackling a foot long!
We had a basketball hat on Syd and a football hat on Spence. Just covering our bases!

We had a basketball hat on Syd and a football hat on Spence. Just covering our bases!

Here's a little video clip from our little 'Stros cheering section. Notice the Chik-fil-a shirt on Syd and the mini cow Spence is holding from the big cow him/herself! Exciting stuff for these little critters!
Funny thing was, that the next morning Sydney had a soccer game and Spenners would yell, "GO, SYDNEY!"...."GO, ASTROS!" (Her team name is the Soccer Super Stars, but that's for another post).
Saryn gets the date night next time...
15 comments:
For some reason I really want a hot dog right now.
It looks like you guys had so much fun and your kids should be on billboards.
Go Stros!
i heard spencer say that at the game. so funny! and i hate calling for babysitters, too. i don't know why, but i really don't like to do it! i'm glad i'm not the only one.
I am loving Spencer taking a giant bite out of that hotdog. Too funny!
These are such great pics from the game. the one of Spencer and the footlong is priceless!
Oh I love it...baseball games are so nostalgic. It's fun to introduce that to the kids and share it with them...How fun!!!...and now I think I need a hot dog with mustard and relish.
aaww that looks so fun! and i love the pic with spencer and the hotdog! that is so cute:)
aaww that looks so fun! and i love the pic with spencer and the hotdog! that is so cute:)
Spencer looked so cute eating that huge hot dog! It looks like a great time. Maybe next time I should join Eric, I always send him and Ethan to those kind of things.
They look so cute at the ball game. It looks like you guys had great seats! And, I am so proud of you for posting a video!:) It looked like a really fun night!
I love going to Astros games, Simon gets great tickets occasionally. That is cute that Spencer shouted out at the soccer game.
Oli's team is called the Cheetahs and every time I shout "Go Cheetahs!" I feel like it sounds like I am saying "go cheaters."
Looks like loads of fun!! My speakers don't work on my computer and I'm dying to hear Syd and Spenc singing on the video. So cute!
Way to go taking your kids to the game! I'm glad you all had fun. Love the pic of Spencer and his footlong.
I wonder why hot dogs always taste better everywhere but home. In fact, I can't stand eating hot dogs at home. But I sure love them anywhere else. Weird!
I swear Sydney is a mini-Stac. She's beautiful just like her mom! Love ya!
I miss you guys! You are all so adorable!
I love these pictures. What great memories. I'm a proud grandparent.
Post a Comment