Wednesday, September 05, 2007

New York for Two, Please

So, a few weeks ago (I'll be catching up for awhile, so get ready) Jeff had a company trip to New York where I was able to go with him. This was our first trip without kids since Saryn was born and it was one of the best trips ever! Not that I don't love my kiddos, but it was so good to get away and just be a couple.



I forgot what it was like to ride on an airplane where you could just sit, sleep, watch the offered movie, enjoy the snack without having to worry about your child spilling their drink on the person sitting next to you. The luxury of just a few bags instead of the norm...(although I always need a good sized bag because I'm always so indecisive) car seats...three of them , diaper bag, sippy cups, activity bag stuffed with crayons, snacks, and who knows what to keep the kids busy, their suitcases, and all that trips with kids has to offer. But...alas (did I even use that correctly?)...it was just me , my sweet heart, and the experiences that would await us!





Here we are in China Town getting gifts to take home to the three little ones that, although are sometimes a pain and can be lots of work, really do melt our hearts.

7 comments:

Sine Die said...

oh boo yeah stacy!

eyre blog said...

so Jared was using my computer and i didn't know he was still logged in so I made the comment and it showed up as jared having made the comment. so jared is me, Kristi.

Love,
Jared

Kirkhams said...

Ok...who's Jared, Kristi, no Jared, no Kristi, whatever?

oodlesofoversons said...

I LOVE these NYC pictures! YOu look like you had so much fun, I'm ready to book a trip with Darrin ASAP...(there's your official warning, Kristi)

Court and Jill said...

Your trip looks like TONS of fun! I am bummed that you didn't get to sing on David Letterman...that would have been awesome! All your pictures were so fun to look at!

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness i am so jealous! i don't think i could have climed that tallof building and stand at the top. your so brave!!!

Dan and Hilary said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a great time! NYC is so fun. I am glad you had a chance to get away with Jeff!