So, this technically wasn't Sydney's first day of school (she started a couple weeks ago at a little Presbyterian church preschool), but it was, however, little Spenny's. There's a small group of Mom's (4 of us) that take turns once a month to teach our little 2-3yr. olds little theme's. No letters of the alphabet, no numbers, just random themes. Their first theme was about cows and they each came home with a cow patty treat. Some of these are a stretch, but we'll see how it goes.
It was fun to get the two kids ready this morning and to let Spence get the backpack school feel. I had a roommate at BYU that played the song "I Have Confidence in Me" from The Sound of Music on the first day of school each year. She'd blast it through the apartment. It was fun and helped get the first day jitters out. I need to get the sound track just for that reason! Maybe a new tradition we'll start in our Kirkham home each year.

7 comments:
They look so cute! I like the confidence song idea. Might steal that one day, too!
cute kids. i thought the cow patty was really good. and the binoculars were a definite hit. good thinking on your part. now i've got to figure out what to do about "eyes".
What's a cow patty? That's fun that you guys are doing that. I think you should play "popular" from Wicked every year so they can learn what's really important in life. j/k :)
Cute kids. They are growing up too fast. The song sounds like a fun tradition. So, was the cow patty one of those no bake chocolate cookies?!?!? Mmm, those sound good.
I love that tradition! What a perfect song...my Mom used to play "Good Day Sunshine" by Paul McCartney (I think). And I miss that preschool Oh so much...and I miss taking those adorable girls together and listening to their funny singing and conversations on the way to school.
Fun tradition; the sound track is great on its own anyway. Melissa and I did this same thing when our oldest were Spenny's age. It worked out great and the morning off once a week was awesome.
oh i love the first day of school! it is so exciting and you never know what could happen,if anyone got a tremendous makeover or something!
Post a Comment